The application process can be extensive and confusing. We have created an easy-to-follow timeline and breakdown of everything you will need to successfully apply to A program of choice. LET IS-NET DEAL WITH ALL THE CONFUSING PAPERWORK!
Students often underestimate the amount of time required to apply for admission to a college or university in the United States. Avoid this mistake by setting a strict schedule for yourself that starts well in advance before your course start date. When setting your timetable, always remember that doing things early is the best way forward. You need to allow yourself sufficient time to thoroughly research the institution and/or program that will best serve your academic and professional goals. Once this has been done, you can get in contact with IS-NET and leave the rest to us.
IS-NET insure that all applications meet the deadlines, which may be as much as 10 months before the beginning of the school term. University Websites usually provide quick and convenient access so you can judge for yourself what the reputatuion of the University is and if the course will be available at that specific uni
Application timeline: The following timeline will help you plan out your 18 months leading up to studying in the USA.
Preparing for study at a U.S University
• Start researching multiple colleges and universities programs
• If you have come to a decision, choose at least 3 the Universities or College that suits your needs. If not, get in contact with IS-NET and we will find suitable courses for you
• Make sure you have all the required documents translated in English. If you are unsure which documents to send to us, get in contact with IS-NET or refer to the IS-NET application form
• If you are missing any documents such as the transcript or graduation certificate, get in contact with your previous University or College to obtain a new copy
• Write a personal statement citing your reasons of studying the course and why you want to apply at the University. For a Bachelor and Masters degree, this should be at least 500 words and translated in English
• If you are applying for a PhD, please also submit a detailed research proposal. A research proposal is a concise and coherent summary of your proposed research project. Without a doubt, the proposal will be the most important document that you submit for a PhD application so you have to ensure it is at a very high quality to be accepted at a high esteem University
• When all the supporting documents are ready, send them to IS-NET by email alongside the IS-NET application form. Now you can sit back and relax! Let us do the rest
• Before starting any University applications, we will identify your current English level. If it's not in line with the Universities requirements, you will be required to study English at one of our colleges. If this is the case, we will submit an application for you to study English at one of our high esteemed colleges
• When you start getting replies from Universities and Colleges, IS-NET will contact you to discuss your options
• If you have received offers, start considering your student visa application. This process is normally very time consuming so ensure you apply well in advance before the start of your course date
• During this time, you can also research health insurance options for your stay in the USA and make travel arrangements for when you do eventually arrive in the U.S.
Standardized Tests :
Most U.S. colleges and universities require international undergraduate and graduate students to demonstrate their knowledge and English language proficiency as part of the admissions process through standardized tests. These tests are valuable as a common measure of the skills and abilities of people from different educational backgrounds. Your scores on these tests will play a major role in determining whether or not you are admitted to your schools of choice, so learn as much as you can about them before you have to take them.
There are six main steps to follow and we explain each one on this site. Below is an overview: click on the links at the end of each paragraph to find out more.
Step 1: Choosing courses
Students should think carefully about the course they'd like to do at university or college. There are thousands of courses available at hundreds of universities and colleges, and each one suits some people better than others. You need to choose courses for the right reasons and do plenty of research before deciding where to study.
Step 2: Applying
Students can apply for courses by contacting IS-NET. We will explain to you the full application process so you know exactly what is going on. We will apply on your behalf to make the application as professional as possible.
Step 3: Offers
Universities and colleges will decide whether to offer students a place at the University. When you start getting replies from Universities and Colleges, IS-NET will contact you to discuss your options. Please note you may need to study English before hand.
Step 4: Results
If the students are still waiting for exam results from their previous degree or course, they need to be prepare and be more pro-active for what their next career move will be rather than waiting on the end result. Once you have receviced all the relevant certification and transcripts, send the documents over to us so we can start your applications.
Step 5: Next steps
If the offers are accepted, you will receive a letter that explains what to do next. If you receive a positive reply from the University offering you a place at the Uni, start planning for student visas and accomodation. If you are unsure, please contact IS-NET for support and assistance.
Step 6: Starting university or college
You will need to ensure you have everything sorted out, such as accommodation, finances, travel arrangements, books and equipment required for the course. Again if you are unsure contact IS-NET for assistance. However the most effective way is to contact the students' union at their university or college. This way you will get to see what has been prepared for new students and to find out what kind of support will be available whilst studying.
Steps and how to Apply
1. GET IN TOUCH
When you know what subject you want to study, contact us to get a complete list of the courses available in that subject. An application to study in Australia is slightly different and a bit more complex to the applications to study in the UK and USA. Please tell us what level you want to study at (university or college, undergraduate or postgraduate) and what
qualifications you hold to date. If there’s anything else on your wish list then let us know so we can cater for your needs. Are you interested in one university in particular? Do you want to be in a particular city? Near the beach? Near the mountains? Let us know…
2. RESEARCH YOUR OPTIONS
We will send you a list of courses according to your qualification and educational history. This will include weblinks to each course’s content and structure as well as details of its tuition fees, entry requirements and application deadlines.
Go through the list carefully – look at each university website, contact us for prospectuses, ask us as many questions as you like. It’s vital you are as well informed as possible about your choice. IS-Net offers expert advice to help you decide which universities and courses are best for you, so just contact us by phone, email or come in to the office to talk through your options.
3. GET APPLICATION FORMS
Once you've decided which courses and universities you desire in Australia, let us know and we'll start the application process as soon as possible. We will also include a checklist of the supporting documents if you have not yet sent us them.
4. MAKING AN APPLICATION
We do all the University and College applications ourselves so you can be stress-free! We check them thouroughly using our highly qualified counsellors to make sure everything is correct and in order. We then send the applications to the universities for assessment. The reply period will vary from 1 month - 3 months depending on the degree level.
5. WAIT FOR AN ANSWER...
This isn’t as bad as it sounds!. Applications made through IS-NET are fast-tracked through the university assessment team so you’ll get an answer more quickly than if you’d applied directly. Plus, if at any point you want to know what’s going on with your application, just email or phone us and we’ll find out for you. If we haven't received a reply from the University in a specific period of time, we will chase them up.
6. THE DECISION
As soon as we are notified of the outcome of your application, we’ll contact you. If you have been deemed successful to study at Australia, we’ll send you your letter of offer and tell you what happens next. This will include guidance through accepting your place at an Australia University and details of how to apply for a student visa in Australia.
7. GETTING READY TO GO
Once the university application process is complete, we offer assistance with applying for your student visa using our special visa tracking team. We also have people that arrange University accommodation, and homestay.